Kindly mention in the subject the position you are applying for. Your resume will be forwarded to the HR department for review against the requirements for the role in which you have expressed interest. A member of our Human Resources team will contact you soon if your profile is considered for the job vacancy, and if more information is needed. If you are not being approached by our Human Resources team, please consider your application automatically registered in our database
Caritas Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any Kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
The Procurement Officer assist the Procurement Manager in overseeing the procurement aspects of Caritas Lebanon.
He/She is responsible to procure the supplies, services and equipment needed whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining compliant records in line with Caritas Lebanon rules and regulations
- Has a full understanding of Caritas Lebanon procurement policies and format
- Enforce proper use of procurement ceilings and approval procedures
- Ensure that Caritas procurement activities are legal and moral
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, standards, and best practices
- Assist Program and Operational personnel in regular procurement planning meetings
- Assist the staff as needed on timely completion of purchase requests and other documentation
- Prepare and process purchase orders for goods, services and tenders
- Oversee the gathering of quotations and bids from the market for PR-s
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance
- Conduct a comparative analysis on supplier prices, specifications and terms for proper selection of suppliers
- Reviews and evaluates the performance of the suppliers and contractors
- Ensures that the required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed
- Regularly produces purchase status and completed purchases reports using the Ongoing Procurement Master list
- Ensures that the procurement filing system is in place and in accordance with the procurement filing procedures as outlined in the Procurement Manual
- Coordinate with the Projects Managers and concerned recipients on delivery of items including completion of Goods Received Notes, storage of items and transfer of items to field sites
- Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure that payments to vendors are made on-time and without any unnecessary strain on the financial systems of Caritas Lebanon
- Maintain file on market prices for commonly-bought items
- Establish preferred supplier agreements for commonly used items
- Good knowledge procurement process
- Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Excellent reporting, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic; French is a plus
- Ability to work in a team
- Efficiency under stress
- Good computer applications skills.
- Microsoft Office – All applications
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- At least 2-3 years of experience in relevant field is desirable.
- Have previous experience in Lebanon and previous similar responsibilities in implementing similar context projects and activities.