Male and female mentors
Interested mentors may submit their CV along with a motivation letter electronically to [email protected] or in person at the following address:
Chamber of Commerce, Industry & Agriculture
Bechara el Khoury Blvd.
961 6 430 671
The program’s overall objective is to empower women and youth to play more active economic roles within their households and communities in Tripoli by:
- Addressing constraints to employment by linking youth and women to market-driven skills in partnership with the private sector;
- Providing support to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and entrepreneurs to accelerate growth and foster merit-based hiring practices; and
- Training and/or providing business coaching to potential start-ups to help create employment opportunities.
North LEDA is supporting Mercy Corps in Tripoli and is seeking volunteer male and female mentors willing to support their community members through peer-to-peer mentoring. Mentors will work with the program’s graduates and entrepreneurs to:
- Provide mentoring sessions,
- Pass along key knowledge,
- Share their experiences,
- Help solve problems, and
- Advise on market opportunities and challenges.
- Inspire, support and empower mentees to achieve their professional and personal potential
- Encourage sustainable job creation and social and economic development
- Guide three mentees on average, over a period of one month
- Meet with each mentee at least four times during that month
- Aged between 25 and 40.
- Living in Tripoli or surrounding areas.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience. (Mentors and mentees will be matched according to their relevant sectors)
- An understanding of how poverty, conflict-affected situations and existing cultural / gender norms affect vulnerable women’s lives.
- Demonstrable expertise reflected by personal and professional goals and overall personal success.
- Strong advisory skills.
- Willingness to volunteer for a period of one month.