Applicants should send their cv and cover letter to [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The main project activities include:
- Outreach to engage youth and women in a capacity building program aiming at developing their skills in business management;
- Train and coach youth in order to support the effective launch of startups and scaleup of existing projects;
- Support the establishment of a nonformal network;
- Support to the implementation of community projects;
- Support to the management of the endowment funds.
The Project Manager will be based in Minnieh office, with frequent field visits to project activities. S/he will report to Mada’s Executive Coordinator who is based in Beirut and will supervise the team of consultants.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall and effective management of the project by directly managing staff and ensuring that the objectives are met within the required timeframe, with close consideration of quality and sustainability. The Project Manager will be responsible for the entire project cycle, including budget management (comprising expenditure planning and expenditure monitoring), while also leading and enhancing internal and external learning and representation.
The key areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Project Implementation
- Project Reporting
- Field Supervision and Capacity Building
- External Representation and Coordination
- Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The key working relationships are as follows:
- Position reports to: Executive Coordinator
- Position directly coordinates: trainers and coaches
- Other internal contacts: Administrative and Finance Officer; Monitoring Officer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, the Project Manager must take on all of the key areas of responsibilities.
- Ensures that there is an implementation plan in place guiding the work of all project staff;
- Guides the day-to-day implementation of activities with focus on quality, ensuring that activities proceed in accordance with the project document and logical framework;
- Adopts a proactive approach, continuously identifying potential training topics, internship and job opportunities, and areas with potential to maximize benefits for the targeted youth;
- Manages the project budget and operational processes (recruitment, procurement, etc.);
- Ensures funds are spent within the timeframe acceptable to both Mada and the donor agency and ensuring rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Supports the project partner to implement activities in accordance with the implementation plan;
- Ensures the appropriate monitoring (financial, technical, implementation) of the partner;
- Ensures Mada’s values and principles are integrated into all project activities;
- Ensures the correct and efficient use of resources (including project staff, assets, etc.);
- Ensure that risk management and contingency planning is included at all stages of the project;
- Ensure that the donor agency’s contractual requirements are fulfilled, including by the partner, throughout the entire project period;
Project Reporting and Communication
- Sets a clear timeline donor reports (both narrative and financial) and coordinates the reporting process with all relevant staff, assuming ultimate responsibility for quality and submission;
- Ensures that data is collected on a regular basis for timely and quality reporting, designing and upgrading/improving any required tools;
- Ensures the visibility of the project as per Mada and donor agency’s standards and requirements;
- Communicates regularly with the Executive Coordinator and submits internal reports as required;
- Ensures that success stories and challenges are documented;
- Ensures that the project team communicates effectively with the youth and other project stakeholders.
Field Supervision and Capacity Building
- Leads on the design and implementation of outreach strategies in collaboration with other project staff;
- Follows-up on the daily field activities ;
- Conducts regular field visits to project activities/sites;
- Establishes and maintains clear lines of communication with project staff and ensures internal communication is effective;
- Conducts regular meetings with all project staff and the project partner;
- Builds the capacity of the project partner in terms of project management, reporting, monitoring and other areas based on needs.
External Representation and Coordination
- Coordinates with municipalities, local authorities, relevant governmental departments, community leaders, and other stakeholders;
- Attends national level coordination meetings and working groups, as well as any other relevant events;
- Ensures bilateral coordination with other local and international to avoid duplication and collect information on gaps and needs;
- Acts as the primary point of contact with donor agency’s for both informal and formal coordination and communication.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that all relations with local communities are positive and conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about activities, objectives, activities, selection criteria, and methodologies to ensure transparency.