Project Manager (Part-time position)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to email their cover letter and CV to [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Socio-Economic Justice Initiative (acronymed MAAN from Arabic) is an independent, Lebanese, non-profit non-governmental think and act tank working across all Lebanese territories, established in 2018.
MAAN aims to bridge inequalities within Lebanon through the promotion of a culture of citizen accountability, the production of qualitative and quantitative evidence-based research, and advocacy for stronger institutions of social protection. Born at a time where international organizations are directing their attention to social equality, accountability, and governance, MAAN will target citizens, especially youth, throughout Lebanon, to build a popular, public movement advocating for socio-economic policy benefiting all citizens, rather than clientelistic networks and the elite. With this, MAAN aims to reform socio-economic policy through a rights-based approach and acting as a catalyst between grassroots groups and policymakers.
Under the direct supervision of the Director, the Project Manager will lead in acquiring grants, activity/project implementation, reporting, and assist in the development of strategic documents. Among the PM’s main tasks are:
- Conducting basic desk and field research on socio-economic issues in coordination with various stakeholders including consultants and experts
- Developing strategic documents for program and activity implementation
- Conceptualizing and strategically planning activities relevant to specific program/s
- Draft concept notes, budgets, and project proposals in line with the identified needs and funding opportunities
- Act as the main focal point for the support of partner organizations throughout the project cycle and ensure clear and timely communication of important milestones, such as deadlines for applications, reporting, and deliverables
- Responsible for all aspects of the project’s daily management, including logistics, administration, security, community and beneficiaries liaison.
- Regularly review and update the project’s work plan.
- Ensure the project remains ‘on track’ to achieve the project work plan and objectives.
- Implement project activities and ensure the good quality and quantity of the project/s outcomes.
- Identify, facilitate, coordinate, and when necessary, deliver targeted training to meet objectives
- Organize workshops, trainings, collective actions, meetings and other project/activity related events
- Build and maintain cross-regional networks for activity implementation through regular outreach and coordination
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions
- BA in a Social Science discipline
- Previous work experience, including a minimum of 2-3 years working in project management
- Good understanding of socio-economic issues and challenges facing populations in Lebanon
- Possess excellent report writing, presentation, and documentation skills
- Strategic and innovative in activity implementation
- Proven interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Very good knowledge of English, Good in Arabic.