Please complete this application ( https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf_DOVkbqFU2xCXSCR6lI-A34PzeT99... ) and submit your resume to [email protected]. Candidates will only be further screened if the applciation form and resume are submitted.
After you submit your application and resume, if you are further shortlisted based on your qualifications and sector, you will be scheduled for an interview. Once you pass the interview, you will then become part of the CARE Lebanon roster pool. Once in this pool, when a Procurement Officer position is posted, you will receive a private request of the position. You can choose to apply to the position or not.
CARE International in Lebanon and its employees abide by the CARE International Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Child Safeguarding Policies.
CARE International in Lebanon
Officer – national
Country Supply Chain Manager
This position works under the Country Supply Chain Manager and is responsible for ensuring the timely and effective procurement for country programs and Beirut office
Procurement Assistant / Office Maintenance (if functions exist)
This position will be based in Beirut, with regular travels to the field offices.
Other contract elements:
Benefits: Social security/Health Insurance & Transport allowance.
The direct supervisor reserves the right to adapt this job description at any time during employment according to needs.
Any extension of this contract is dependent on performance review and funding availability.
Education & Certification:
Minimum Bachelor’s degree – Master’s degree is optional
Minimum Education Level:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Logistics, Procurement, Administration or any related field
2-4 years minimum experience in a similar role working in procurement and logistics functions, with knowledge of major donors’ guidelines (e.g. ECHO, EU, DFID, DevCo, BPRM, USAID, DFAT, and other)
Experience managing all donor-funded projects with International NGO’s particularly those addressing right based approaches and women and gender issues.
Strong analytical skills, computer literacy, and excellent documentation and communication (oral and written) skills are essential
Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, excellent planning skills and provide timely quality information and reports
Ability to work well with a team and establish relationships with other teams/offices
Cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures with highly developed interpersonal skills and fluency in English
IT / Software / Technical Skills:
Good command of Excel, Word, and Outlook
Language Speaking Reading Writing
English Fluent Professional Professional
Arabic Fluent/Mother tongue Professional Professional
French Intermediary (desired)
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and with a strong leadership
- Strong sense of ownership and able to see through the completion of task assigned
- High level of all aspects of managerial experience
- Excellent time management skills, ability to organize and prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Sense of diplomacy and negotiation
- Ability to operate effectively in a stressful environment
- Flexible and adaptable
- Accurate and ability to improve and institutionalize approved financial processes
- Adapt to changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Decision-making skills
- Demonstrate fairness, integrity and impartiality
- Problem-solving and mediation
Detailed Responsibilities & Tasks
Responsibility #1: Procurement Management
- Work closely with program staff to prepare and update on procurement requests, provide guidance and input to program staff on the feasibility and allowability of procurement
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Issue call request for quotations/proposals, manage the distribution of the RFQ/RFP with vendors, submission of quotes, facilitate and lead on opening and evaluation of quotes. Ensure compliance with CIL and donor rules and regulations. Prepare Summary bid analysis, award decision justification, and obtain CIL and C-F approvals where applicable. Issue contracts and ensure compliance to CIL, donor, and Lebanese Government compliance.
- Ensures timely and accurate procurement of all goods according to approved budget lines
- Maintain a 100% accuracy of the Supply chain Trackers (Procurement plan, invoices, PR, Payments. etc.) for Beirut and support field office with Field Procurement Trackers.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintain a clean and monthly PACK Log and ensure all program teams have access to it and have the knowhow to read it and use it
- Create a vendor/ consultant list based on scanning market against program/departments need, ensure CARE Lebanon Approved Vendor List is always updated and maintained and complied with the procurement policy requirements. Fulfil the bi-annual anti-terrorism reporting requirements of CARE Lebanon.
- Review requests submitted by program staff and issue requests for payments upon mission \tasks\ service accomplishments are received from service provider.
- Ensure the proper collection and archiving of new vendors files
- Maintain procurement information management filing system for contracts and expenditures
- Ensure compliance with CIL and donor procedures (SOPs) and procurement guidelines, ensures that all staff are well informed and knowledgeable about the relevant donor guidelines
- Conduct procurement training and the orientation to new comers and partners
- Suppliers are managed professionally, impartially and with no appearance of impropriety
Responsibility #2: Reporting and communication
- Communicate timely and appropriately with vendors
- Maintain a high level of coordination with finance and program teams to ensure all have accurate and timely access to information
- Prepare, update, consolidate and present logistics section of the bi-weekly meeting minutes
- Actively participate to the weekly meeting minute
- Monitor KPI on the procurement tracker and communicate monthly on progress
- Assist the CIL finance department in case of audit for Procurement related questions