Case and Outreach Worker
Interested candidates should send their CV, a motivation letter, and threereference contacts to [email protected] with the subject line: Case and Outreach Worker no later than 11th of December 2019. Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
On the individual level:
- Provide crisis intervention and long term support and care to victims such as meeting them in the field, assessing imminent risks and needs, developing a safety plan, providing supportive counseling, coordinating with resource persons in order to reach the desired services, etc.;
- Conduct visits to women in detention and incarceration centers, and offer them socio-legal counselling;
- Co-handle the operations of the Anti-Trafficking Unit’s helpline;
- Assist women in obtaining basic and immediate services such as accessing safe shelter; seeking medical examination;
- Assist women in accessing justice, and coordinate with KAFA’s lawyer and relevant authorities;
- Liaise and coordinate with external service providers to ensure a comprehensive support to the victims;
- Act according to the best interest of women by adopting a survivor-centered approach;
- Adhere to strict standards of confidentiality when dealing with SGBV victims/survivors, and other KAFA’s established guidelines for case management;
- Be regularly available and reachable outside regular working hours to address emergencies.
On the group and community level:
- Conduct frequent field visits to relevant communities or groups at risk;
- Organize outreach activities and/or special events in collaboration with program coordinator;
- Initiate contact with women and people at risk of human trafficking, and offer support and assistance;
- Assess the needs of these communities and groups and propose ideas for awareness or other psycho-social activities;
- Design and conduct psychosocial activities and awareness sessions on labor and sexual exploitation;
- Attend community or groups’ event when relevant.
On the institutional level:
- Maintain regular communication with the Kafa management in order to ensure a coordinated response and evaluate priorities of action;
- Prepare progress reports regularly, and ensure proper documentation and updating of the individual files of the cases;
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Periodically reassess beneficiaries’ needs and progress in meeting the objectives defined for each beneficiary;
- Enter data regularly in KAFA’s case management database and ensure quality of data;
- Represent KAFA in relevant forums and meetings;
- Abide by KAFA’s values, mission and vision, and policies;
- Keeps track of latest developments in social work area as well as changes in national legislation policies and practices related to SGBV victims/survivors.