Female Day attendant – KAFA’s Shelter – Anti-Trafficking Unit
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line: Day attendant – Anti-Trafficking Unit no later than December 11, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KAFA is looking for a qualified day attendant to accompany and oversee the safety of the shelter’s residents. The day attendant is expected to ensure five working days per week from Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:00
The applicant must be able to conduct the following duties:
- Accompany the daily ritual of the residents;
- Supervise the preparation of meals and snacks, and maintain a food inventory when asked.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of the weekly and daily programs for the shelter’s residents;
- Assist in life skills and socio-educational programs for the residents of the shelter (indoors and outdoors);
- Facilitatecommunication and coordination between residents and manage tensions or conflicts which may arise among them;
- Prepare weekly reports of the tasks implemented and daily de-briefs when needed;
- Assistwith office-related tasks and attend team meetings;
- Maintain a close coordination with the shelter team, mainly the social workers and night attendants, in order to communicate the needs of the residents and provide better support;
- Work under the direct supervision of the shelter manager.
- Minimum of two years of experience in similar position
- Background in sociology, psychology or education is a plus
- Very good interpersonal skills, problem solving and positive communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability and team working skills
- Capacity to take initiatives and pay attention to details
- Fluent written and spoken Arabic, Very good spoken English
- Good knowledge of gender issues and violence against women
- Commitment to the principles of equality and non-discrimination