Project Officer - Beqaa Office
All interested candidates must send their application including the following:
- A CV outlining all the experience obtained and relevant for the project
- Cover letter
Our Work represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — respecting human rights values and our organization’s ethics.
A strength that helps us better understand and addresses our partners’ needs, and continually strives to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Please submit the above requested documents (as mentioned above) by Friday the 29th of November 2019 addressed to: [email protected] quoting “CLDH – Project Officer Beqaa” in the subject line.
The Lebanese Center for Human Rights (CLDH) is a local non-profit, non-partisan Lebanese human rights organization based in Beirut. CLDH was created in 2006 by the Franco-Lebanese Movement SOLIDA (Support for Lebanese Detained Arbitrarily), which has been active since 1996 in the struggle against arbitrary detention, enforced disappearance and the impunity of those perpetrating gross human rights violations.
CLDH monitors the human rights situation in Lebanon, fights enforced disappearance, impunity, arbitrary detention and racism and rehabilitates the victims of torture. CLDH regularly organizes press conferences, workshops and advocacy meetings on human rights issues in Lebanon and collects, records and documents human rights abuses in reports and press releases.
CLDH team on the ground supports initiatives aimed at determining the fate of all missing persons in Lebanon.
CLDH regularly follows up on numerous cases of arbitrary detention and torture in Lebanon in coordination with Lebanese and international organizations, and with the United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention WGAD and the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture.
CLDH opened in 2007 a Rehabilitation Center for the victims of torture in Beirut, Centre Nassim, member of IRCT (International Rehabilitation Council for Torture victims), which provides multi-disciplinary professional support and case management for victims of torture and their families.
CLDH compiles a daily press review on human rights violations and on-going judiciary cases in Lebanon and updates several human rights blogs.
CLDH is a founding member of the Euro-Mediterranean Federation against Enforced Disappearance (FEMED), a member of the Euro-Mediterranean Network of Human Rights (REMDH) and a member of the SOS Torture Network of the World Organization against Torture (OMCT).
- Job Profile:
The Project Officer will be reporting to the Program Manager, providing technical and admin support to CLDH projects in the Beqaa region. The Project Officer will be responsible for activity’s implementation, monitoring evaluations, and reporting.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement project activities following donors’ project management policies, standards and guidelines.
- Support the Program Coordinator to facilitate the project finance requirements, annual and monthly planning, and monitoring outputs and outcomes of the project activities.
- Assess training needs, develop training curriculum in line with CLDH values and ethics, and facilitate training sessions.
- Assist the Program Coordinator with admin work.
- Assist the Program Coordinator with preparing project journals and activity reports.
- Ensure implementation of CLDH’s operational policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Act as CLDH’s representative at local level with local authorities and partners.
- Be a member of CLDH’s team; participating in staff meetings, planning sessions and on-going liaising as needed.
- Prepare narrative reports for the project
- Assist the team in preparing their weekly plan
- Regular field visits to refugee camps to support the team and monitor the service
- Coordinate with lawyers in the Beqaa to ensure the service quality.
- Coordinate on a weekly basis with the Data officer to collect adequate data
2.2. Working relationships:
The Project Officer will work closely with all CLDH team members in both Beirut an Beqaa offices on a daily basis.
2.3. Values and Ethics:
The candidate should have a high level of integrity, accountability, and punctuality and show a high level of commitment. He/she should also demonstrate and be exemplary in portraying CLDH values and ethics as well as being a good team player.