Research & Policy Advisor - National Role
Interested Candidates should submit their applications on the following link: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/research--policy-advisor---national-ro...
Applications submitted via email will not be considered
- Provide support to the Policy Lead on delivery of influencing activities for Oxfam’s Protection, Economic Justice, Active Citizenship and Good Governance and WASH projects.
- Work with programme team to jointly compile, gather and analyse information from our programs to use for advocacy purposes, working as part of the team to ensure that Oxfam advocacy is based on program evidence.
- Work with the Oxfam’s protection advisor on developing a workplan for protection monitoring activities that will be utilized to develop protection monitoring teams.
- Produce analysis and policy products as required, such as regular thematic analysis reports, briefing papers to promote Oxfam’s programme and policy objectives, with local to national government, and with national civil society and humanitarian organisations.
- Identify how area-specific research and programme evidence can be used for change on a local and national levels.
- Participate in policy initiatives with external agencies, under the guidance and supervision of the Policy Lead.
- In collaboration with relevant programme staff and management, develop working relations with key stakeholders across local authorities, central authorities and civil society to influence agenda setting and protection policy and practice
- Provide support on developing and delivering Oxfam’s policy analysis, strategy and messages through close consultation and coordination with the programme and policy team.
- Provides in-depth analysis of political and humanitarian context to inform the work of the Lebanon programme.
- Ensure that all work addresses the challenges of gender justice.
- Works with the programme staff to define common objectives and ensure the integration of advocacy into programme planning and implementation.
- Represents Oxfam at external meetings with contacts in local and national government, UN and with civil society.
- Supports the programme team with the capacity development on local advocacy for teams, partners and community structures to conduct advocacy at the territorial and provincial levels.
Your commitment to Oxfam
- Required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.