Mapping Exercise Consultant
Proof from previous consultancies (at least one) in the past three years will be requested
The contractual partner will undertake the work with close collaboration with
- Soins Infirmiers et Developpement Communautaire (SIDC)
- Frontline AIDS MENA
▪ The contractual partner will neither publish nor cause to be published in any form the results of this assignment without prior written consent of the contractor;
▪ The contractual partner will be solely responsible for the professional quality of his/her work and the timely completion of the assignment;
The Lebanese AIDS Network Association (LANA), registered under a Lebanese law decree n 2638, is a national Lebanese network of Civil Society organisations working in the field of HIV in Lebanon that will take part in the implementation of interventions included in the multicounty
programme (Members of the LANA network: SIDC, AJEM, Dar El Amal, Marsa, Oui for La Vie, Skoun, Vivre Positif, LebMASH, Lebanese Aids Society, SALAMA, Al Tajamoh). LANA’s mission is to unite the efforts of national AIDS associations aiming to reduce the spread of HIV among the general population and the most vulnerable groups in particular in addition to providing a supportive environment free from stigma and discrimination to people affected by and those living with HIV.
In line with two main objectives implement evidence – based programming to reduce human rights barriers and develop evidence-informed advocacy strategies to promote change. SIDC will be recruiting a consultant in order to review existing mapping reports for legal, social, and financial barriers (including the revision of existing laws and use any data available), and work to expand the existing data and fill into the gaps to ensure national coverage in Lebanon and to fill the gaps in information relating to the barriers.
The consultant will perform the following tasks:
- The consultant will receive and review all relevant documents related to the context of this assignment.
- The consultant will develop an implementation work plan for the mapping exercise: review existing mapping reports for legal, social, and financial barriers, expand the existing data and fill into the gaps relating to the barriers to ensure national coverage in Lebanon
- The consultant will analyze the data and produce a draft analytical report to be validated with LANA members.
- At all stages, LANA members will be closely involved with the process.
- The consultant will conduct a desk review to look for existing mapping reports for legal, social, and financial barriers (including the revision of existing laws and use any data available);
- The consultant will work on adapt the data collection methodology to expand the existing data and fill into the gaps relating to the barriers to ensure national coverage in Lebanon;
- The consultant will come up with research questions and research materials;
- The consultant will validate the research tool via a participatory process;
- The consultant will conduct in depth interviews with relevant stakeholders including law enforcement, juridical sector, media, religious leaders, CSOs working with key populations, and Focus Group Discussions with Key populations from beneficiaries with focus on adolescents and young people. the objective is to expand the existing data and fill into the gaps to ensure national coverage in Lebanon; Data triangulation will take place that facilitates validation of data through cross verification from several sources (National Aids Program, thematic and non-thematic NGOs and services providers, concerned Ministries, UN agencies, law enforcement, Juridical sector, media, religious leaders, beneficiaries … consultant will be referring to the National Strategic Plan). This activity will highlight issues and trial developments in the legal field, social barriers that are leading to rights violations as well as financial barriers.
- Final analysis report of the findings to identify and highlight the gaps, validated by LANA.
- The consultant will have to submit an activity report 10 days after the activity completion.
- جبل لبنان