Psychology and PSS Intern
Kindly send your CV to [email protected], with the job title in the subject of the email
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected group.
Who we are :
Blue Mission is a non-political/non-sectarian NGO based in Saida, seeking to promote a culture of peace on every level of society in order for Lebanon to confront and resolve its humanitarian challenges. We work with vulnerable Lebanese, Refugees and Internally displaced groups in Lebanon, targeting aspects of Medical Aid, Mental Health, Education, Capacity Building and Peace Building.
The biggest program in place at this date is the KARAMA project, targeting refugee and host populations living in informal settlements in the South and Mount Lebanon to assess the mental and physical health needs of their residents, with an emphasis on women and their children. This program reaches around 1000 beneficiaries a month in 35+ settlements with the help of a Mobile Medical Unit. This program is now complemented by the Early Years Education Program, providing Early Childhood Education (ECE) to Syrian Refugees who are not entitled to go to school from the ages of 3-5.
Blue Mission is now starting the “Healthy minds for all” project in collaboration with ACTED and funded by l’Agence francaise de developpement. The aim of the project is to address Mental Health issues of vulnerable populations through the implementation of workshops and awareness sessions. The team will visit formal/ informal settlements/centers, host and local communities and rural areas in South and Mount Lebanon Governorates. The project will be targeting Palestinians Syrians, Lebanese and Palestinian Lebanese refugees between 18 and 55yo. The team will consist of a Mental Health Advisor/ Supervisor, a Project Manager, and a Social Worker.
We are currently looking to hire 2 to 4 interns to assist the project.
Our goals :
- Improve health outcomes for families, significantly reducing preventable maternal and child mortality.
- Alleviate stress and psychological suffering of vulnerable people among refugees and host community populations in South Lebanon.
- Provide people with information about and how to access mental health care, reproductive health care, and family planning methods.
- Build resilience and support networks to improve people’s daily life.
Job Description :
- Assisting the team with data collection
- Provide support for admin and database
- Implement surveys in the filed – report back to social worker
- Provide support during the session
- Managing attendance of beneficiaries
- College level background in Psychology and PSS
- Ability to work in collaboration with the team
- Adherence to Blue Missions’ values
The position is unpaid due to a lack of funding. The working hours are therefore flexible and depend on the availability of the applicant.
At the end of the internship, the intern can be provided with a certificate or with a recommendation letter.
Free Accommodation at the Blue Mission Centre can be provided. Possibility to work from home part time.