Early Years Education Volunteer
Kindly send your CV to [email protected], with “EYE volunteers” as the subject of the email.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected group.
Who we are :
Blue Mission is a non-political/non-sectarian NGO based in Saida, seeking to promote a culture of peace on every level of society in order for Lebanon to confront and resolve its humanitarian challenges. We work with vulnerable Lebanese, Refugees and Internally displaced groups in Lebanon, targeting aspects of Medical Aid, Mental Health, Education, Capacity Building and Peace Building.
The biggest program in place at this date is the KARAMA project, targeting refugee and host populations living in informal settlements in the South and Mount Lebanon to assess the mental and physical health needs of their residents, with an emphasis on women and their children. This program reaches around 1000 beneficiaries a month, with the help of a Mobile Medical Unit.
This program is now complemented by the Early Years Education Program. The basis of the program is to provide Early Childhood Education (ECE) to Syrian Refugees who are not entitled to go to school from the ages of 3-5. ECE is one of the most significant programs that can lead to positive lifelong outcomes. As such, it is important to ensure that Syrian Refugees have this service provided for them so when getting to school at the age of 6 they have the skills needed to access appropriate grade level curriculum.
This program takes places in the Library of Saida. It runs 4 days a week (Monday to Thursday), 2h a day. Activities are designed to give the children tools to be more developmentally appropriate, ready to integrate into school by the age of 7, build their social/emotional skills, fine/gross motor skills, and early literacy skills.
Our goals :
- Improve health outcomes for families, significantly reducing preventable maternal and child mortality.
- Alleviate stress and psychological suffering of vulnerable people among refugees and host community populations in South Lebanon. Provide people with information about and how to access mental health care, reproductive health care, and family planning methods.
- Build resilience and support networks to improve people’s daily life.
Goals of the EYE Program :
- Provide quality early childhood education to Syrian children who do not have other means of schooling from the ages of 3-6 years old in Lebanon.
Job Description :
- Help improving the education of Syrian Children from the ages of 3-6
- Running whole group and small group activities that target developmentally appropriate items
- Helping educate children about social and emotional wellbeing
- Attending an initial training on early education
- Being available at least 2.5 hours on the day(s) they come in.
- Studying or having studied early childhood, childhood development or teaching is an advantage
- Experience in animation or education is an advantage
- All applicants, however, are welcome.
- Fluency in English is a must, Arabic an advantage
- Ability to work in collaboration with the team
- Adherence to Blue Missions’ values