Deputy Admin and Finance Coordinator
Interested candidates please send CV to [email protected] and mention clearly in the subject the position applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
INTERSOS is a non-profit humanitarian aid organisation that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992 with support from the Italian Federation of Trade Unions, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected.
INTERSOS identifies with the core values of CONCORD, the European Confederation of NGOs; it adheres to international codes of conduct for humanitarian organisations and the values and principles expressed within those codes. INTERSOS is recognised by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world's poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices.
Job Title : Deputy Admin and Finance Coordinator
Reports to : Country Finance Coordinator
Duty Station : To be confirmed
Position Type : Full Time
The Deputy Admin and Finance Coordinator works under the supervision of INTERSOS Country Finance Coordinator and is responsible for ensuring effective, efficient and accurate financial operations and application of administrative procedures in all fields.
S/he is the technical manager of the admin/finance officer on the bases and ensure supervision and coordination.
- To ensure proper accounting and administration of funds;
- To ensure proper execution of goods, works and services procurement processes and conformity to INTERSOS and donors’ procedures;
- To be responsible for the mission administrative-accounting documents and all documentation related to completed project.
- Check the budgets and their relative amendments once prepared by PMs and Provide feedback to the Admin Fin Manager
- Organize trainings and Capacity Building sessions to the Admin Fin officers in addition to the daily on Job training
- Follow up and monitor the archive in all the bases (ensure regular visits to Zahle and Beirut to improve the quality of the archiving system)
- Monitor the level of spending in all ongoing projects
- Monitor and close follow up on the monthly financial planning
- Follow up with the insurance companies
- Check the MoUs and contracts prepared at the level of the whole mission
(Any additional task strictly related to the role and necessary for the implementation of the activities.)
- Provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations:
- Daily reconciliation and management of the PN of the Mission
- Weekly bank accounts reconciliation
- Monthly bank accounts reconciliation
- Monthly Mission cash counting and reconciliation
- Scan and upload in Alfresco the monthly banks statements
- Scan and upload in Alfresco the cash and bank reconciliations signed by the Country admin/HoM
- Scan and upload on the platform the agreements and amendments signed by the HoM and partners
- Maintain the Projects archive in order (for ongoing project and for closed projects)
- Maintain the Administration Archive updated and in order (XX G/C, XX Expat, Ong, etc.)
- Keep the project dossier updated and in order (Agreement, Installment, Financial and Narrative reports, Amendments, communication with donor, etc.)
- Prepare the monthly Overhead and Expatriate Staff declarations of contribution to be submitted to HoM, Country Admin and Expatriate signatures
- Maintain the Expat Staff dossier updated (Declaration of Arrival in the country, Final advance on salary declaration, monthly Time sheet, etc.)
- Prepare the monthly resume of the Expat advance on salary to be send to HQ
- Prepare the monthly attendance sheet
- Verify in coordination with HR the list of staff for the monthly Terror Insurance registration and send to HQ
- Check the Financial report supporting documents prepared by the Admin Fin Officers
- Assist the Country admin during audit process
- Monitor the work of the Admin Fin Officers in all bases
- Give the best support to other sub offices staff
- Update the Contract sheet in PN
- Qualified supplier list and procedure
- Prepare the Global Management file on monthly basis and draft the admin monthly report for further check by the Admin Fin Manager
- Support the Admin Fin Manger in the Financial Report’s preparation for all the projects (Prepare the list of expenditures, fill in the templates of Financial report for various donors and their relevant documentation)
- Administer the monthly payroll in order to ensure that employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner:
- Prepare and send to PM/ HoM the monthly file for their check
- Prepare the Payroll file for all the Mission taking into consideration regular salary reviews; employee’s contributions and deductions
- Collect a copy of payroll duly signed by staff and PM
- Prepare the consolidated Monthly staff file to be uploaded in PN and to be transmitted to the Lawyer
- Prepare the monthly salary request of transfer for the bank
- Prepare the monthly transfers for SI and Income Tax by project to INTERSOS general account
- Prepare the monthly payroll for the whole mission
- Additional typical activities:
- Working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to implement policies and procedures
- Any other task not mentioned but needed
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in admin/finance field.
- MS proficiency (Word, Excel, Power point, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian operating context, the humanitarian system and its flexibility, donors and their high demanding, security and financial management in humanitarian context.
- Strong knowledge of donor’s procedures (UNHCR, AICS)
- Strong expertise in budget design and management
- Experience in consortium financial management.
- Attention to details.
- Excellent Communication Skills; ability to negotiate effectively with internal and external parties.
- Planning and organizing; Capacity to work under pressure and meeting deadlines. Delegation and empowerment approach of the supervised team.
- Flexibility and adaptability; Ability to work and adapt in different environments and unexpected demands. Flexible and adaptive to the volume of work
- Problem solving and decision making; take objective, ethical, and transparent decisions.
- Leadership: developing and motivating staff; Ability to train and supervise subordinates.
- Driving and achieving results.
- Humanitarian motivation and commitment to INTERSOS values