Mental Health & Psychosocial Support "MHPSS" Detention Field Worker
Intersted candidates please send your CV to [email protected] befor Monday the 18th of November 2019, and mention clearly in the subject the position you are applying for.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to take an English proficiency test and a technical test
- Conduct an assessment in the prisons in the south, and in the community for the families of detainees.
- Maintain effective relations with designated prisons and detention centers officials.
- Meet and interact with detained refugees in groups or individually and collect info.
- Outreach visits to all the detainees’ families and mobilize them to be engaged in the activities.
- Coordinate with the local stakeholders and local community (municipalities, SDCs) to implement PSS activities.
- Report on all of the above aspects in a detailed and organized approach to the designated official within the program team and based on the regularity set by the program management.
- Attend and effectively participate in the team meetings.
- Refer the cases to the suitable service providers.
- Take in charge the logistical preparation of the activities.
- A university degree in psychology, sociology, Law, Political Sciences, or related field, with demonstrated experience in social work, protection and child protection, detention aspects and human and refugees’ rights.
- Minimum 3 years work and practical experience in MHPSS, protection and child protection related activities and social work.
- Computer, Microsoft office and English language skills is a must
- Excellent reporting skills in MHPSS activities including detection of cases for referrals for MHPSS , protection, legal or health assistance.
- Strong personality and ability to create networks and establish relations within the prisons, the community and the outreach and detention sector in designated areas is essential.
- Knowledge about detention legal procedures is an added value but not a must
NOTE: The chosen candidate must have a drivers license more than one year old and a criminal record statement not less than 2 months old