Expression of Interest_Conducting Playback theatre performances/UDP_NL/GIZ
1. Program background
In the framework of the Lebanese German cooperation between the government of Lebanon and the government of Germany, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in close cooperation with the Lebanese “Ministry of Social Affairs” (MoSA) is implementing the “Local Development Programme for Urban Areas in North Lebanon” (UDP_NL). The programme is commissioned by Federal Republic of Germany and co-financed by the European Union.
UDP_NL proposes to contribute to social stability in North Lebanon, namely in Tripoli and the 5 districts of Al-Koura, Batroun, Bcharre, Zgharta, Minieh-Dannieh. The main target groups are youth and women from vulnerable areas.
For this reason, under the spectrum of Culture and Arts for development and through the implementation of different interactive theatrical and artistic tools, GIZ aims to create safe spaces for dialogue, storytelling and improvisation to contribute to advancing civic engagement, promoting freedom of expression and increasing empathic bonds within and between different communities in Tripoli.
2. Objective of the Activity
This request for Expression of Interest (EOI) is launched to identify partners that can create opportunities for dialogues to help reducing potential tensions amongst the population in Tripoli and to promote social stability. With creative tools such as playback theatre, professionals will support community change and move to new opportunities for personal and social change fostering real opportunities for individuals to become part of non-oppressive communities, thus initiating peace-building which is an important tool for this millennium.
3. Qualifications and Requirements
This request for Expression of Interest (EOI) is intended to identify NGOs /theatre companies which have proven experience in the following fields and undergo these criteria:
- A registered NGO/company with strong expertise and experience in the approach of Theatre for the Oppressed and Playback Theatre as a tool for conflict resolution and community development.
- Having a vast experience in North Lebanon context.
- Technical Experts/ artistic professionals with a proven experience for more than 5 years of experience in her/his field of acting and performing this art in specific
- Management team with a proven experience in managing performances, well experienced with international donors.
- Execution of previous projects with international and local NGOs that targets vulnerable communities in Lebanon, preferably in North Lebanon similar to the proposed project.
Note: For further information, please find attached the file EOI-Playback theatre.
How to apply
The applicant shall submit an Expression of Interest (EoI) to [email protected] accompanied by copies of all the required documents (listed below) with name and contact details of the organization containing the following:
A concept note comprising detailed background, objective, timeline and approach to the implementation of the project.
A portfolio of the organization, a description of the projects within the scope of the EOI detailing experience of the organization in implementing similar projects
The registration papers of the NGO/company.
A detailed list of completed projects including project description, donors/partners, amount of award, implementation period.منتهية الصلاحية