Interested candidates please send CV to [email protected] and mention clearly in the subject the position applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
INTERSOS is a non-profit humanitarian aid organisation that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992 with support from the Italian Federation of Trade Unions, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected.
INTERSOS identifies with the core values of CONCORD, the European Confederation of NGOs; it adheres to international codes of conduct for humanitarian organisations and the values and principles expressed within those codes. INTERSOS is recognised by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world's poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices.
The Social Worker implements activities and/or trainings in INTERSOS centers and outreach working directly with women, men, youth and children;
- Conduct a daily variety of structured activities (recreational, psychosocial and non-formal education) within the center or outside, catering to the needs of children of different ages and genders and accordingly to the center activities weekly schedule;
- Conduct peer-led focus groups discussions, informal skill training and awareness sessions with children, youth, men and women, accordingly to the center activities weekly schedule;
- Facilitate the participation of all the segments of the target population to the planned activities held at the assigned center, notably the most vulnerable ones (refugees, local community, youth, women, elderly, minority members, people with disabilities etc.), ensuring that proper attention is paid to specific emotional and physical needs;
- Plan and design the PSS activities in collaboration with the Senior social worker, the FAC (field activities coordinator), the PSS coordinator and all the team members, accordingly to INTERSOS guidelines on PSS activities;
- Engage the volunteers in the planned socio-recreational activities held at the assigned center;
- Maintain daily attendance registers and a weekly and monthly inventory sheets for each activity conducted in collaboration with the Senior SW;
- Maintain and fill properly any distribution list or attendance lists for the activities conducted or the distribution done, under the supervision of the Senior RW and FAC;
- Informs the supervisors about any difficulty met in INTERSOS activities implementation;
- Be update about all new information send by the FAC or the PM concerning the project, the context and the beneficiaries;
- Be available to participate in meetings and trainings in and outside the centers and/or in Intersos Beirut office when requested;
- Accomplish any other assignments given by supervisors or the PM.
- Provide daily basic information about project activities and report on a weekly basis to the Senior SW.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- A minimum of 1 year of progressively responsible professional experience is required.
- Strong observation, analytical and listening skills
- The capacity to absorb legal/procedural information
- The ability to negotiate/mediate/interpret on behalf of service users
- Excellent Communication skills
- Good level of planning and organizing
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Humanitarian motivation and commitment to INTERSOS values
- Respect of Intersos policies and procedures