Interested candidates are invited to submit their CVs along with a Cover Letter with email subject “Communication Coordinator Job vacancy” to [email protected] by October 22, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: submitted CVs must include at least 2 references.
The Communication Coordinator position at Masar association is in the frame of the “Youth Citizens of Today” project, in partnership with UNICEF, being implemented in 20 areas across Lebanon during the period of October 4th, 2019 – September 4th, 2020.
The “Youth Citizens of Today” project aims at empowering young people with various skills, concepts, and tools that enable them to identify their needs and priorities, plan and implement developmental projects, network with their peers and relevant stakeholders, and actively engage in the civic life. The project also encourages young people to engage in structured dialogue with local authorities and influence their strategies to become more youth focused.
The scope of the Communication Coordinator position at Masar association is defined in the implementation of the following tasks:
- Develop a communication and outreach strategy for Masar that is in line with the organization’s values and goals.
- Undertake on-site visits when needed to collect and document the implementation of programs through photos, videos, audio, and other multimedia formats to be utilized in the production of communication material.
- Write press releases of projects’ activities in both Arabic and English and disseminate them to relevant stakeholders, including news agencies.
- Manage and update the association’s websites and social media platforms, and respond to media inquiries, arrange media interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Assure Masar and its Partner/ Donor’s visibility and branding on-site through the design and procurement of promotional material, and online.
- Support in the production of presentations, video editing, info-graphs, leaflets, newsletters, and press releases.
- Support youth- led initiatives that Masar works with to maximize their visibility during project implementation.
- Coordinate projects’ social media campaigns that are outsourced to specialized advertising agencies.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Guide media consultants recruited by Masar on how to produce quality material (photos and videos) as per agreed upon guidelines and samples.
- Archive communication material properly for diverse use by the association.
- Write minutes of meetings with relevant stakeholders when needed, and ensure follow up.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the organization, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Update the data base of various stakeholders at Masar, including the media section.
- Support and advise Masar’s team on hardware and software tech-updates and solutions, and support in strengthening Masar’s internal communication.
- Support Masar in organizing seminars, workshops, press conferences and high-level meetings and ensure visibility;
- Assist in administrative and logistical tasks when needed.
- Bachelor Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a communications role.
- Excellent writing skills in Arabic and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).