Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Volunteer)
Send us your CV and Motivation Letter to: [email protected]
Mention in the email subject: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Volunteer)
Deadline: 27 September 2019
Who are we?
The “Chabibeh Sporting Club” was established in 2002 through resolution Nb. 35 SH/R from the Lebanese Ministry of Youth and Sports. Today, “Chabibeh” is a member of 6 Lebanese sports Federations, and participate yearly at national tournaments and competitions.
Since its founding, the club used sport as a tool to positively integrate young people in their society, and to develop the skills needed to empower them physically, socially, educationally, culturally and professionally.
In 2008, Chabibeh founded its Youth Department called “Chabibeh Youth” which is working closely and in strong collaboration with the sports department “Chabibeh Sports”.
The two departments offer a one of a kind experience and a safe, interactive and supportive environment where young people can practice their favorite activity, build friendship, and acquire lifetime skills through the different local and international projects and programs.
Sports, Youth Empowerment, Youth Participation, Volunteering, Peace and Reconciliation and Social Development became the main areas of focus for Chabibeh whether through “Chabibeh Sports” or “Chabibeh Youth”
Our Vision: We envision a society where youth are empowered socially, culturally and educationally
Our Mission: Empowering Lebanese youth physically, socially, educationally, culturally and professionally through Sports, Non Formal Education and participation in local and international programs and projects.
- Preparing and Training sports players and teams to participate at national, regional and local competitions and championships
- Organizing weekly sports activities, summer sports programs and training camps for players and teams
- Targeting a wider audience by always adding new sports activities
- Bringing together children and teenagers from different religious and cultural backgrounds and offering them opportunities to interact and work together on common goals
- Enhancing young people Active Citizenship and Active Participation through volunteering opportunities
- Developing the life skills of young people through capacity building programs and participation in local and international projects
- Networking with local and international organizations to expose Youth to new environments and opportunities
Where are we located?
Chabibeh Sporting Club operates in the “Chafic Saeid Public school for boys”. The school is located in Ain el Remmaneh, Pierre Gemayel Street.
What will you do in this assignment?
Chabibeh Sporting Club is looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to be in charge of evaluating the different youth activities, projects, and programs and measuring and documenting its impact. Responsibilities include:
- Prepare and document meetings, workshops, and trainings agendas and minutes
- Coordinate with trainers/workshop holders as to pre-post tests
- Conduct pre-post tests for training workshops
- Analyze and document the pre-post test results
- Prepare evaluation forms for workshops, activities and events
- Conduct the evaluation of workshops, activities and events
- Analyze and document the evaluation results
- Prepare results data
- Conduct and report on focus group sessions and evaluation meetings
How much effort is needed?
The volunteer is expected to contribute up to 15 hours per week, and schedule will be agreed on with the club management based on the availability of the volunteer and the Chabibeh Sporting Club needs and schedule of activities.
Monthly schedules and action plans will be agreed on at the beginning of every month.
What will you gain from this experience?
As a Chabibeh Club “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” and volunteer, you will:
- Develop your leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Strengthen your knowledge and skills related to monitoring, evaluation and measuring the impact of activities, projects and programs
- Develop your reporting skills
- Gain work experience related to M&E
- Make new friends
- Have a positive impact on the youth of your society
- Certificate of participation
- Written recommendation: You will work directly with an organization that has a long experience in Sports and Youth Work
- Participate in training workshops and personal development opportunities offered by Chabibeh Sporting Club
- Have the priority to take part in Erasmus Plus fully funded projects
NOTE: This is a volunteering unpaid position, but Chabibeh Sporting Club will provide compensation for transportation within Lebanon
How do you know that this opportunity is for you?
- Do you like to work on monitoring and evaluation?
- Do you like documentation?
- Are you comfortable in Non Formal settings with a family and friendly atmosphere?
- Do you read and write well in English?
- Do you believe that volunteering is a learning and self-development opportunity?
- Do you have ideas, and want a place that allows you to implement it?
If your answer is yes to these questions, and you are 18+ years old, then this opportunity is Yours
- جبل لبنان