Electrical Engineering, Project Officer – Technical education
Please send your application in French or in English (CV and cover letter)
- With the reference ‘ Lebanon – ChDP technical education’
IECD (Institut Européen de Coopération et de Développement) is a French non-governmental organization founded in 1988 and operating in the field of social and economic development in partnership with local institutions. IECD’s main sectors of action are vocational training and professional integration, assistance to micro and small enterprises and access to education and health for the most vulnerable. In Lebanon, IECD has been operating in the country since 1994 and opened a regional office in Beirut in 2007. (www.iecd.org). Semeurs d’Avenir is a Lebanese association, created in 2010, registered under the number 1905. It is the operational partner of IECD in vocational and professional training. (www.sda-lb.org). Together, IECD and Semeurs d’Avenir develop qualifying trainings in sectors with considerable employment potential and support their educational partners to improve their pedagogical offer and to reinforce themselves on the institutional level.
Following the expression of the need for qualified technicians in the electricity sector, IECD and Semeurs d’Avenir launched, in 2007, an innovative project that aims to improve technical education through the creation of the BT electrotechnics, the renovation of technical workshops, the training of trainers, the orientation and employment of students, and the reinforcement of partners technical schools through capacity building. Based on the success of this methodology, IECD and Semeurs d’Avenir have reproduced this experience in the field of maintenance and programming, and now aim to extend their project to the renovation of the Higher Technical Level (TS) in electrotechnics.
IECD and Semeurs d’Avenir therefor seek to develop a new technical curriculum in electricity (TS electro-technics). In collaboration with the Directorate General for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (DG-TVET) and the private sector, the Project Officer will oversee the creation of the curriculum, the training of the trainers and the implementation of the program in the technical institutes.
Semeurs d’Avenir therefor seeks to strengthen its projects team by recruiting a Project Officer in charge of Technical Education.
Under the responsibility of the Project Manager, the Project Officer’s mission would be to perform the following activities:
1/ Oversee the development of the TS electro-technics curriculum
- Organize workshops with company representatives and teachers
- Oversee the calls for tenders of experts
- Support and follow-up on the development of the curriculum
2/ Prepare and follow up on the implementation of the TS electro-technics in technical institutes
- Evaluate partner schools and teaching staff
- Organize trainings and workshops for teachers
- Plan the purchase and delivery of technical equipment to partner schools
- Follow-up on the launch of the training program in partner schools
Arab language is compulsory
Education: Electrical Engineering degree
Experience: 3-5 years experience in engineering whether in the private, public sectors, or in civil society organizations
- Knowledge of the sector of education and/or vocational training is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Good interpersonal communication skills, good representation of public and private partners
- Fluency in Arabic and English are compulsory, French is a plus
- A drivers’ license is necessary.
- Autonomous, proactive and flexible
- Intellectual curiosity
- Understanding or interest in education and vocational training
- Ability to manage relationships with very different populations
- Strong organizational skills and interest in working in a team
- Strong interest and motivation for international solidarity and development
- Adherence to IECD values: respect of the person, always in the service of others, a professional commitment
Under the responsibility of: the Project Manager Electrotechnics sector
Location: Based in Beirut – regular field visits over all the Lebanese territory
Starting date: January 2020 for 1 year, renewable
Package: To be defined based on profile