Emergency Response Manager
Only the applications received through our website before the deadline will be reviewed.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: to closely monitor and analyse context development in the South
- Monitor and analyse the humanitarian context in the South through participation to Inter-Agency and Sectoral coordination meetings, field observation, discussion with local and international stakeholders.
- Circulate this info in a systematic and timely manner to the Head of Base and to the Advocacy Coordinator.
- Act as focal point for context updates relevant to the Lebanon Protection Consortium with direct contact with the CMU
- Assist in internally disseminating information/minutes of important meetings and support in knowledge management tasks (filing in No Hunger Forum, records keeping of important meetings and conclusions… )
- Contribute to the context follow up in coordination with other departments: monitor the evolving context and flag any potential protection concerns with the Head of Base
Objective 2: to respond to emergency shocks and acute unmet needs (40%)
- In line with LPC SoPs for ER and AUN response, ensure timely identification of needs and provision of a multi-sectorial response to emergency shocks and Acute Unmet Needs.
- Reinforce AAH role as emergency responder as additional safety net in the South in coordination with sectoral WG and other humanitarian agencies through effective use of flexible funds for response
- Coordinate with other programme departments (WaSH and FSL) for enhanced identification of needs and comprehensive multi-sectorial response
- Coordinate with the logistic department to develop appropriate procurement plan and stock follow up to ensure constant capacity to respond to new emerging needs
- Promote protection mainstreaming in all activities
Objective 3: Monitoring and Reporting
- Prepare regular verbal and written reports on the progress of construction for the assigned sites to the Head of Base and the Protection Coordinator on the agreed frequency
- Inform and report the anomalies and the challenges carried out during the implementation phase of the program.
- Report all identified needs and response provided on the LPC Protection Platform through the compilation of the consortium needs assessment and reporting tools
- Contribute to Projects and beneficiaries’ data collection and reporting.
Objective 4: Security
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- Communicate to the security managers of the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan
Objective 5: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employees' abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
- AAH employees will show commitment to human rights principles, gender equality and non-discrimination approach in all their work
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Bachelor Degree and/or Master’s Degree in humanitarian action or any related field
Technical specific knowledge:
- Dynamic, good team player result oriented and professional humanitarian aid worker with experience of WaSH/Shelter/FSL interventions. A problem solver, with a flexible mind-set, with the ability to deal with practical solutions and to think strategically.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent in interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
- Significant experience in working in collaboration with local partners, government bodies, and INGOs
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar position and at least 1 years’ experience in implementing FSL, Shelter and/or WASH projects in humanitarian context in the NGO/INGO sector.
- Previous advocacy experience would be an asset
Humanitarian sector knowledge:
- Knowledge of INGOs and donor agencies procedure, guidelines and intervention in the country
Action Against Hunger knowledge:
- Previous knowledge of Action Against Hunger policies, strategy and previous interventions in the country or middle-east region as an asset
- English: Compulsory working language. Excellent writing skills are required for this position.
- Arabic: Compulsory, Good translation skills
IT and specific systems:
- Windows domain
- Office package
- Compulsory expertise in Excel
Mobility (national/ international):
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Salary range from USD 2,191 - USD 2,472 gross per month according to the candidate’s previous experience (based on the standard list of Action Against Hunger - Spain).
- Salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- LBP 8,000 daily transportation allowance on working days
- Social security registration and NSSF family allowance if eligible
- Complementary health insurance for you and your dependents
- Work accident insurance
- Life insurance (after 3 months of contract)
- School allowance for your children if eligible as per the official decree
- 1.5 days of paid holidays per month
- Approx. 18 days per year of public holidays
- Many training opportunities