Please submit cover letter and CV to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Include position title in the subject line.
The Accountant will report to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for performing accounting functions and conducting the theory and practice of recording, classifying, examining and analyzing data and records of financial transactions. He/she will process and record journal entries, cash receipts/field cash management and wire payments and respond to inquiries and assist in trainings. The Accountant will maintain general ledger accounts and support sub-ledgers and produce various accounting reports. He/she will participate in various accounting projects including external or internal audits, system upgrades, changes to accounting processes or procedures and other projects as assigned.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare payment vouchers to process all vendor invoices, travel expense reports and other program-activity payments for assigned program portfolio. Ensure completeness of supporting documentation and accuracy of entries for financial reporting.
- Prepare all advance requests (workshop, travel, subawards) ensuring availability of funds and monitoring all advances of assigned program portfolio to perform timely reconciliation of advances per the Country Office policies.
- Ensure completeness of supporting documentation and accuracy of entries for financial reporting.
- Prepare monthly financial close reports, including bank reconciliations, to submit to Corporate Accounting each month.
- Ensure all financial transactions for any assigned portfolio of the project, oversight to ensure transactions are recorded timely into the accounting system and reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
- Reconcile subrecipient advances and expenses, update subaward tracker upon reconciliation.
- Oversee petty cash management and records.
- Maintain and update the office financial files ensuring up-to-date records/trackers and all finance files are electronically filed in the office.
- Perform review of project expenses and prepare documentation related to VAT-exemption requests. Update and maintain internal control system for all VAT related transactions and exemption requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned
3-5 years of accounting experience
Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
Must demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in Arabic and English;
Prior work experience in a non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
Ideally, the candidate will also have worked on other donor programs with preference towards DFID and/or FCO experience