Protection Monitor (2 Vacancies)
Interested candidates please send CV to [email protected] and mention clearly in the subject the position applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
INTERSOS is a non-profit humanitarian aid organisation that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992 with support from the Italian Federation of Trade Unions, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected.
INTERSOS identifies with the core values of CONCORD, the European Confederation of NGOs; it adheres to international codes of conduct for humanitarian organisations and the values and principles expressed within those codes. INTERSOS is recognised by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world's poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices.
Protection Monitor will be responsible for the monitoring, identification and referral of protection issues, concerns and trends in the assigned area of operation. The Protection Monitor will also be responsible for community engagement and empowerment in the assigned area.
- Monitor, survey and assess the target population in the assigned area at household and community level through household and site visits.
- Identify and refer protection issues and concerns and report on protection trends in the area of operation.
- Identify and refer vulnerable persons of concern (PoC) for case management support
- Work to identify and support community focal points/settlement representatives to join in need assessment, participatory monitoring and follow-up activities;
- Design, develop and timely submit weekly work plans of the visits to ITS and privately accommodated in the project areas as well as weekly reports.
- Provide necessary reporting inputs for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Ensure all monitoring activities are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection and contribute to data entry on a regular basis as per the standard monitoring formats.
- Plan and facilitate Focus Group Discussions and Awareness Sessions for beneficiaries living in the designated area of coverage
- Liaise and maintain positive relationships between INTERSOS, community’s representatives, local leaders and grassroots organizations in the assigned area and provide them with overall orientation on the project.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Minimum 1 year experience in protection and humanitarian work
- Protection background desirable
- Experience in implementing participatory monitoring, reporting & evaluation and community assessments is desirable.
- Ms proficiency (word, excel, etc..).
- Driving License
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Planning and organizing
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability and willingness to travel across the assigned project areas at short notice and spend extended periods within communities
- Very good communication skills
- Cultural awareness