Applicants should send their CV and a cover/motivation letter to [email protected] with the reference LEB ADVCO (CVs without this subject line will not be considered).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
In cooperation with the Regional Advocacy Coordinator, and working jointly with the MdM Lebanon Coordinators, the Advocacy Coordinator will:
- Leading advocacy initiatives and activities defined in the Lebanon mission strategy, in coordination with programs teams and partners;
- Liaising with coordinators and responding to urgent acute issues raised by the field through the elaboration of advocacy messaging and implementation of relevant initiatives ;
- Supporting and contributing to the regional advocacy initiatives and projects;
- Identifying research topics in line with MDM strategy and support all the research project cycle from the definition of the objectives to the dissemination of results;
- Support and/or leading communication activities in close collaboration with the programs teams and the regional communication officer.
- Specifying and implementing MdM Lebanon Advocacy Strategy 2019-2021:
- working with the General Coordinator, Field work coordinators and program coordinators to specify the advocacy strategic goals and objectives for MdM Lebanon,
- developing a detailed action plan to achieve the strategic objectives, including milestones and indicators,
- drafting the messaging that MDM Lebanon and its partners want to spread around and supporting the teams in any input requested from MDM Lebanon relevant to its advocacy engagement and objectives;
- monitoring and reporting, on a regular basis, about the achievement of activities and outcomes.
- Identifying potential influential allies for health advocacy in the Lebanon, and developing and implementing strategies to engage supporters;
- Engaging with relevant NGOs, health experts, government officials, academics media and parliamentarians in order to push forward our advocacy aims and objectives, including the setting up a Right to Health coalition;
- Engaging media on Right to health for everybody, including the most vulnerable, , developing and implement a media strategy, including the development of a pool of champion journalists;
- Representing MDM and attending relevant networks (among them the Lebanese Humanitarian International NGO Forum) or coalitions and where possible take a leadership position within these (which may include meeting coordination and information distribution);
- Encouraging integration of advocacy in research, primary health care and mental health programs as a cross-cutting component, and ensuring there is a logical and joined-up approach between the aforementioned programs;
- Identifying potential research projects to be implemented with academic partners that would contribute to the achievement of MdM advocacy objectives and to the improvement of the quality of MdM interventions, and support their implementation from a communication and advocacy perspectives;
- Developing the capacities of MDM staff and partners on leading advocacy activities
- Liaising closely with the regional advocacy coordinator for the implementation of key advocacy activities in Lebanon, and contributing to the regional advocacy activities;
- Leading on monitoring and evaluation of the health advocacy activities and ensure timely reporting to donors is completed and to a good standard;
- Manage the budgets related to advocacy activities as budget holder
- Report monthly to the General Coordinator about work progress and different advocacy events.
- A qualification in public health and/or international development and/or public policies in a related area;
- A qualification and/or experience in journalism is a plus ;
- 3-5 years’ experience in advocacy, lobbying or influencing policies in public health sector, preferably, participation in public health advocacy campaign or alliances;
- Experience of grassroots campaigning, or local groups campaigning;
- Experience working in coalitions or networks;
- Working experience or at least knowledge of the academic sector, particularly in health and/or social sciences ;
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills;
- A sound understanding of the Lebanese health system architecture (public and private) and the current political framework that it operates in;
- Excellent Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Ppwt, Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Adobe Première and/or Final Cut Pro.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly, for a range of audiences, from lengthy formal submissions to short articles for social media or blogs;
- Public speaking experience and good all-round communication skills;
- Experience working with NGOs;
- Ability to travel frequently during working hours to pay field visits;
- Ability to work with a team as well as to work independently;
- Fluency in Arabic and English (oral and written) is mandatory.
- Highly organised, able to manage multiple tasks;
- Ability to respond flexibly to changing priorities and to set and work to deadlines;
- Self-motivated with demonstrated personal commitment to right to health and health justice and equity for all;
- Good team worker, able to support other members of a team, work together for common objectives, but also work independently when necessary;
- A high level of attention to detail;
- Ability to learn quickly about new advocacy targets if no previous experience;
- Clear commitment to the project thematics;
- To believe in concepts of equity, human rights, neutrality and impartiality;
- To be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- To respect each team member’s position, work and specialty;
- To adapt to special situations or demands from supervisor.