To apply, please send your CV and a 1 page cover letter to the Project Manager [email protected] by August 29, 2018. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. CVs are being reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. Finalists will be contacted.
HCI-Middle East located in Lebanon, a leading local organization based in Tripoli and Beirut, seeks a Psychomotor-Therapist Consultant for the anticipated USAID-funded Improving Public Education Outcomes (IPEO) Program. The project aims to support the Ministry of Education (MEHE) and Center for Education and Research and Development (CERD) to improve reading, writing, and social and emotional learning skills of girls and boys in public primary schools in Lebanon. The program will support the public education system’s overall capacity to plan, budget, deliver, monitor, evaluate and institutionalize quality educational services by providing in-depth technical assistance to the CERD and the MEHE after assessing their institutional needs and gaps. Improving the use of data for enrollment, retention and learning will be essential for sustained outcomes. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Psychomotor therapy aims to support and aid school students (grades 1-6) personal development. It is based on a global view of human beings that considers each individual as a unit of physical, emotional and cognitive actualities, which interact with each other and the surrounding social environment.
- The Psychomotor therapist (psychomotricity) consultant will organize and create workshops in the Lebanese Public Schools for teachers (grades 1-6)
- Will prepare training materials for the school teachers (grades 1-6) and organize capacity building workshops and trainings for the teachers and school directors
- Enable teachers to conduct the gained knowledge from the training on students (and special cases) to gesture easily and obtain a sense of well-being
- Collaborate with the Speech Therapist Adviser and the Special Educator on a regular basis; and support the second shift (afternoon classes) that need additional support to help students (mainly non-Lebanese) effectively reintegrate into school and advance to age-appropriate content.
- Work with the Speech Therapist and Special Educator on creating a plan for how to bridge reading interventions so they are being implemented effectively in both shifts (day and afternoon).
- The component will also focus on improving reading and writing outcomes (as well as basic numeracy) in Arabic, French and English. The component will adapt the BLA approach as needs evolve and based on collected evidence (Refer to QITABI Published Mid-line Report).
- Training and capacity building for teachers in schools throughout the school year to ensure that evidence-based reading and writing and numeracy practices are being applied (in collaboration with the Speech Therapist).
- Coaching the teachers in the classrooms through DOPS to ensure the effective and sustainable implementation of acquired skills. All training modules will build on previously developed standards and tools. This activity will help master teachers and periodically monitor progress towards improved student learning outcomes.
- Teachers acquired skills will be evaluated periodically and teachers will be asked to conduct self-evaluations and reflections, which will help improve performance and make them a partner in this process rather than a recipient of the evaluation.
- Psychomotortherapist will also follow-up with teachers on special students cases upon referrals by teachers; for evaluation for the special needs children who are referred to them to assess their respective level of functioning and provide outside clinical referrals that will meet their individual needs.
- This position in a form of consultancy throughout 1 year (over the course of the project 5 years) during the Lebanese academic school year. Candidate will be paid on a daily basis.
- جبل لبنان
- جبل لبنان