Call for consultants in electoral affairs
The Lebanese Association for Democratic Election (LADE) is looking to hire a consultant in electoral affairs to develop and update the voters guide as per the current legal framework and in accordance with the 44/2017 electoral law.
LADE is a Lebanese non-profit and non-partisan organization advocating for election integrity and fair representation as two vital pillars for a functional democracy. Since its establishment in 1996, the Lebanese Association for Democratic Elections (LADE) has been heavily involved in instigating electoral reform on a national level through a set of well-designed interventions amongst which election monitoring constitutes a corner-stone for a viable parliament, where it features as a necessary tool to assess the electoral framework and propose amendments when needed. The association's early efforts reached paramount in 1998 with the implementation and management of a full-fledged campaign aiming at restoring local elections across Lebanon for the first time since the breakout of the Lebanese Civil War. Consequently, LADE’s role grew further and as a leading reformist organization. LADE’s awareness extended throughout the years to cover pre-elections, e-day and post-elections activities. Moreover, the association has been able, in a short period of time, to catch up with the academic and societal debates around media ethics and gender participation and has successfully developed a multifaceted and multidisciplinary approach to citizenship and electoral reform.
About the candidate
- Literature Review
- Conduct a thorough assessment of the respective legal texts and decrees including the new electoral law 44/2017.
- Conduct a thorough assessment of voters’ behavior building on LADE’s previous reports.
- Identify the most committed violations and come out with a list of best practices.
- Provide a summary of the current electoral framework and voting procedures.
- Provide a summary on the structure of the Lebanese Parliament i.e. chambers, number of seats.
- Provide a detailed summary on eligibility conditions for voters and candidates.
- Provide a checklist on the equipment which must be available at the polling centers as well polling stations.
- The role of polling station personnel.
- Provide insights on the processes of issuing voter’s list and the duties of voters in this regard.
- Provide a summary on the conditions which could bar voters from participating.
- Provide a summary of the to-dos during e-day.
- A significant experience in election monitoring, election administration and electoral affairs.
- A well-informed knowledge of the electoral framework, the respective context and Lebanese politics.
- A previous extensive experience in election monitoring.
- An extensive knowledge in Lebanese elections, voter behaviours, as well as election campaigning.
- BA in Political Science or any other relevant field of study.
- Fluent in Arabic, speaking and writing.
How to apply
Successful candidates are expected to submit a draft methodology to [email protected] with the email subject line: Voters Guide, by December 30. The final version of the guide should be submitted by January 20 the latest.منتهية الصلاحية