Research Assistant - Energy Policy and Security in the Middle East Program
- Conduct desktop research and literature reviews on the deployment of nuclear power in the Middle East;
- Draft summaries of findings, and assist with preparation of publications;
- Assist with preparing and conducting interviews;
- Conduct quantitative analysis;
- Support research in data gathering and analysis;
- Assist the Program in organizing meetings, workshops, lectures, and conferences;
- Assist the Program Director in other relevant tasks of the research program, including providing administrative support.
Qualification and Requirements
- BA in physics, engineering or economics. Master’s degree in a relevant field is a plus;
- Research experience, preferably related to the subject of nuclear power/security;
- Demonstrated interest in issues related to nuclear power/nuclear security;
- Excellent writing skills (English);
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to be pro-active, independent and efficient;
- Positive “can-do” attitude is essential for this position.
Applications should be sent to [email protected], in addition to a cover letter, CV, writing sample, names and contact information for two references, no later than April 30th, 2018.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Within the framework of Lebanese Law, the American University of Beirut is an equal opportunity employer.