1.Context and background
The EU-funded Project “Promotion of Social Dialogue in Lebanon” aims to enhance the capacity of the Government of Lebanon and the Lebanese Social Partners and Civil Society to be promoters of Social Dialogue in order to strengthen social protection and improve and enforce labour legislation.
The specific purpose of the Technical Assistance Contract between the EU and GOPA Consultants is to increase the capacities of the Ministry of Labour and Tripartite Social Partners to be promoters of social dialogue.
The main beneficiary of the project is the Ministry of Labour (MoL), especially the “Professions and Trade Unions Department” and the “Labour Inspection, Prevention and Safety Department” of the MoL.
Other beneficiaries and partners of the project are the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), the National Employment Office (NEO), Employer Organizations, Trade Unions, Civil Society Organisations and other relevant stakeholders involved in Social Dialogue.
2.Objectives of the assignment of the JNKE (39 wd)
The overall objective of the assignment of a Junior Non Key Expert is to support the Senior Non Key Expert 1.1 in the implementation of Activity 1.1 “Design the framework of a National Social Dialogue Strategy -NSDS” (SNKE 1.1).
3. Methodology and scope of work
In close collaboration with the TL, and under guidance of the SNKE, the Junior NKE will:
- Collaborate with the TL and SNKE for this Activity in all professional matters as and when required;
- Complement the conceptual process of the development of a National Social Dialogue Strategy (NSDS) by providing selected material research for the building blocks, which will form the core of the Strategy, including and taking into account work already done by the project (e.g. paper on the foundation of the NSDS), international experiences and good practices with a stronger focus on the (MENA) region;
- Jointly with the SNKE partake in preparation of workshop, and provide support to the working group by making necessary arrangements and contacts;
- In cooperation with the SNKE facilitate consensus building meetings / workshops by fostering group work discussions and their documentations, making presentations in PPT and provide other reference materials/ modalities; A total of up to 3 one-day-workshops is envisaged to finalise the discussions and achieve agreement on a National Social Dialogue Strategy (NSDS);
- Assist in the evaluations of the workshop(s);
- Prepare and conduct at least 3 training workshops on the implementation of the National Strategy.
- Contribute to documentation (writing and printing) of all works providing evidence (as reports) in soft and hard copies; all workshop materials (distributed as background readers and/or facilitating discussions) must be translated into Arabic.