Documentation and Translation Intern (Unpaid)
Please email your resume or CV and cover letter to [email protected] with "Documentation and Translation Intern " in the subject line.
- Monitor violations of the right to health and violations of medical neutrality in the MENA region;
- Research, analyze, and synthesize information and data about the human rights situation to accurately document violations and develop advocacy initiatives;
- Monitor human rights abuses and other developments in the MENA region as directed, particularly as they relate to ADHRB’s advocacy and government affairs outreach;
- Draft short articles on latest updates and assist with background research;
- Develop and strengthen relationships with the NGO and think tank community;
- Attend meetings, conferences and events to keep up with the latest policy developments and represent ADHRB's interests if needed;
- Develop coordinated NGO advocacy campaigns addressing human rights and policy issues;
- Carry on extensive research and report writing capabilities;
- Translate of articles, statements, legal documents, and social media content (Arabic <-> English);
- Perform administrative and other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA in International Relations, Political Science, journalism, translation, or related field;
- Prior experience working in government affairs and/or advocacy capacity is desired;
- Extensive research and writing experience;
- Demonstrated research experience (especially related to the Middle East, human rights, democratization, governance, and political rights);
- Ability to prioritize, implement and deliver high-quality advocacy programs, sometimes within tight timelines and with minimal supervision;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment;
- Experience using social media in a professional capacity (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Previous translation experience is desired;
- Proficiency in Arabic and English (reading, writing, and speaking)
ADHRB offers full-time (40 hours per week) as well as part-time (15-20/hours per week) internships.
ADHRB is not responsible for arranging accommodations or facilitating visa applications for prospective candidates.ADHRB will contact only those candidates who are extended an interview.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this internship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected group.